PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Crew Allowances in Willys Sights?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2005, 09:22
miche2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh darlings! All this bickering is raising my blood pressure...
What can I say? I worked as a gorgeous and very well paid BA 747 trolley dolly for many years and I loved it for the first few. It has to be said that the cabin crew community really do stick together - which is definitely coming across here. BUT I can vividly recall that the mentality among crew was that BA should be grateful to have me, especially being a member of BASSA. One of many examples was a LHR-MIA (a trip BA crews tut and roll their eyes at!) when the passengers had been delayed in the terminal for 2 hours because of a tech problem. 90% of the crew stood in the J class galley on the beautiful 747-200 with their car keys ready saying, "as soon as we go out of hours,I'm stepping off this thing! If BA want me to do it, they can offer us some decent money and I'll want an extra day off!" 50 seconds later we were informed the problem had been fixed and we were going to MIA. Well, the passengers were in for a very pi**ed off crew, especially in M class. "BA is lucky to have me!"

Anyone that's read my other posts will know that I gave the job up because I found it pretty scummy (collecting leftovers/headsets), but there is no offence intended in my opinions. Cabin crew will always stick together and will always want to protect the job, but I remember flying with characters who really had convinced themselves that they did the best job in the world! Some people keep talking about the jealousy factor, but having done the job this is far from true for me....(i've just had to lie down after having a momentary flashback of pushing endless dirty trays into a trolley...).

One vodka later and I'm back. Anyway, I think people need to remember that without all these divine crew members - whatever airline - how would one go on gorgeous holidays? Cheers! (Oh, is it not lunchtime yet...oh well, I've poured it now!)