PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Underwing registration
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2005, 08:55
pup150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The under wing registration was clearly seen with the naked eye by someone with slightly less than average sight (albeit written down incorrectly,...).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flyin Dutch, before you jump to conclusions, My wife read the registration , she wears glasses for driving, slightly short sighted, She was not wearing them at the time, was in the garden when our village and adjacent village was overflown around a dozen times lower than anything else she has witnessed there. We often get PFL's into fields nearby. A couple of hours later she wrote the reg down from memory to ask me when I got back if I knew it from our local field. She either mixed the letters up or a read a D as an O or something. When I looked it up on the CAA site it was clearly not the aircraft she saw.

I was merely interested to know if underwing registrations on the standard SEP types such as C172 or PA28 were a standard size and would be visible above 500ft to slightly less than average eyesight, that's all!