PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Landing...
Thread: Hard Landing...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2005, 07:54
I need a name?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crys8494: I'm sorry that you had such a terrifying experience. Have you been to see a doctor about your injuries? Substantial injuries such as those you are describing need to be looked at quickly.

I'm very curious about the pictures of the interior of the plane that you have. Good for you for having the presence of mind to take photographs after the horrific experience you went through. Most people would not have been thinking so clearly. I would be very interested to see the carnage in the cabin.

I'm a little confused by a couple of your posts. You stated "...you read me very incorrectly. I did not ask a FA for any information. " yet in an earlier post you said "the flight attendent was telling me that landings like that happen all of the time." Which one was it? You asked an FA or you didn't? Because as CDNFA stated, to ask a uniformed FA who probably wasn't even there to speculate on what happened is hardly fair, is it? It's precisely what you're accusing CDNFA of. Speculating.

You stated "I never claimed to know the facts or the exact details." yet in an earlier post you said "And there was clearly pilot error. This comes from many individuals who have flown many times in the past." That sounds like a factual statement to me.

As for the comments regarding the pilots, I have to agree with CDNFA that the original post was immature. Whether the pilots looked young or not is neither here nor there. I, myself, am in my late 30s yet am often asked for ID in drinking establishments. Appearance means nothing. And if they ARE young, I have no doubt that they are also well trained and highly qualified individuals.

I quote you once again and suggest you perhaps take your own advice. "In sum, if you don't know what the heck you are talking about, keep it to yourself!"

I suggest you read through the thread slowly and see what is being said about incidents such as this. Educate yourself. There is a lot of helpful information there.

The only other thing I will comment on is that I have no idea how you were 'handled' by Skyservice. If it was as cold and unhelpful as you state, that is unfortunate. However, I'll take it with a grain of salt given the inconsistencies in the rest of your posts.

It is fair to say that this was no doubt a frightening experience for someone who doesn't fly regularly, but to start your comments with accusations causes you to lose some credibility immediately.

Good luck with everything.