PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Landing...
Thread: Hard Landing...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2005, 03:36
crys8494

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very sorry that your sense of humour is lacking and you could not see the attempt to make a little lighter of a very seriuos situation. Immaturity however is not the case. Ignorance of the symantics of aircraft carriers, yes, but not immaturity. However, where my ignorance on the semantics is far over-shadowed by your ignorance on what really happened. Yes, hard landings do happen. However, I have yet to see many pictures of such damage. I encourage you to point some out to me. I would really be curious to see how common this is.

I only put in my two cents on this whole thing because I am very tired of the assumption of those who were not there that nobody was hurt. This is very inaccurate and I don't know where these details come from. No, there was no blood or broken bones, but there was whiplash, jarred backs and emotional trauma. As a matter of fact at the airport before the return flight, I was speaking with an individual whos 4 year old child woke up with nightmares for the first half of the vacation. She kept reliving the events in here dreams. Now you try to convince me that that child was not hurt!

Finally, I did not say that I will never fly again. I haven't decided yet. What I did say was that I would never fly with Skyservice again. And I reiterate that this is not based soley on the incident. That actually has very little bearing. I state again, that it is based primarily on the lack of customer service around the entire event. Not to mention the rudeness of the flight attendents and the Skyservice personel that I spoke with today. People may be interested in know that Skyservice is "compiling a list of all of the passengers" again, a direct quote from them, so that they can send us a letter and our coupons. This shows once again how their customer service lacks. They are waiting for us to contact them to give us our address and names so that they can contact us. They don't even have the courtesy to extend and olive branch and check the records where we are all listed with full names, addresses and passports and make the first contact. Dispicable.