PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL and integrated training
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2005, 16:12
Divet II

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a small dilemma as to whether or not to continue with my PPL training after completing just over half of it whilst planning to attend the Jerez integrated course. I booked my place on the course and decided to go for it. As it turned out due to bad weather delays I ended up taking my skills test only a few days before arriving here. Im approaching my phase1 jars and so far Ive found it has been useful for the groundschool because I can relate to it quite easily.

The reduction they give you here is not guaranteed, it is provisional and you have to earn it by reaching certain flying standards earlier than allocated times.

I would advise that unless you have started already or are a considerable way through a PPL course, then it is probably best to start the flying once you are here. Itīs easier for the instructors to mould you into what they want you to be rather than having to retrain you. Lots of people here have no experience at all and some have quite a lot. In the end everyone gets to the same standard so it really doesnīt make much difference.