PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Pay
Thread: Flying Pay
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2005, 11:49
ProfessionalStudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Drygeezer

If you're after a bite, then switch to receive...

You bitter and twisted little runt. Left school wanting to be an AEOp did we? I didn't think so. If can't keep your petty thoughts on this subject to yourself then kindly refrain from posting on this topic.

The people who this affects are all hard-working self-improvers (of course you wouldn't see being ac captain as a step up but work with me here). This isn't about disparity in Officer and NCA flying pay (let's not go there). I'm sure if you were an AEO, you wouldn't be handing back the additional pay... I've been aircrew for 13 years and was NCA for 8 years. I feel you do your NCA brethren a great deal of injustice posting immature comments such as yours. Comments like that can only help to widen the (ill-?)perceived gulf between commissioned and non-commissioned aircrew

This affects people on a very serious level in terms of being able to afford mortgages (or pay for our third sports car as you probably think). Being handed a bill for several thousand quid is enough to keep people awake at night and perhaps even affect them in the air. Dont' suppose you thought it affected you, did you? Based on your last post, I wouldn't expect you to be so intelligent or broad minded.

If I am guilty of the crime of descending this topic into a back-biting contest (as is the sad case of so many other topics) then I'm truly sorry to everyone. I just felt very strongly that this isn't a case of Os vs ORs, but an "Us" vs "Them"(ie the MoD).

Rant complete. Don't let me get dragged into any further comment.