PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2005, 11:47
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's been confirmed that a national pilot has actually left ACN and will be taking over as Chief Pilot at Caverton very shortly. There may well now be more Nigerian pilots leaving ACN and joining Caverton as well as several engineers because of the way they're treated by Aero. Bristow also seems to be doing pretty well at getting pilots crossing over from Aero. Although Caverton are getting some nationals joining them, which is just as well as I still can't see them getting any more expats to join them with the roster they offer.

One of my friends was driving into Lagos yesterday and tells me that the Caverton helipad is actually in place in the river opposite the Nigerian Law school and their office their looks close to completion. I guess that means they'll be starting their much advertised shuttle service between the international airport and the heliport pretty soon. Good luck to them and I hope the shuttle picks up very quickly - it's certainly needed with Lagos traffic being the way it is.

Although CHC have now offered their new deal to the Aero staff, there still seems to be some misunderstandings as to what they're actually going to get and I think a few people who were waiting to see before making a decision to move to Bristow will now be going.