PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Crew Allowances in Willys Sights?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2005, 08:50
traveller5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carnage Matey - what is it you would like me to say?? What has a crew 24hr slip in MIA, 48hr slip in NRT or 24hr stop in SYD/MEL got to do with hotels providing "all inclusive" meals for crews? These hotels already provide 24hr room service - which, I might add, a large % of crews already take full advantage of at all hours! Furthermore, a good % of the network's hotels also provide a significant discount for meals taken by crews, which flight and cabin crews are quick to ask for!

The proposed system (whether you accept it is being considered or not is a matter for yourself) would look to enhance such discounts by BA paying for breakfast, lunch and dinner for each crew member for the duration of the slip. Whether the crew member decides to use their "allowance" is a matter of personal choice, but the "B", "L" and "D" would be eliminated from your allowance slips as it has been provided!
Now, IF a meal is triggered outside the hotel, the proposal is to provide the meal on board. Again, whether you choose not to eat what has been provided is up to you.
A grey area is what constitutes or how large/small a "breakfast", "lunch" or "dinner" should be, but you can expect generous helpings whatever your appetite!

As for the service levels at each hotel, the majority would be able to provide the proposed service and on certain slips the crews don't even leave the hotel! In some ways the new system would help crews as the current unfair system is based on menu prices...

All in all, the new crew card is the beginning of discreet crew cost reductions, believe me.