PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Crew Allowances in Willys Sights?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 20:33
DarkStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chewy - I'll reply on behalf of the 'front office' by simply saying if there is an uncontained engine failure or engine fire or severe weather you'd be very grateful that they are 'sitting there'. Most jobs have their mundane moments, yes, cruising hour upon hour can be dull...then again, people often say that when things start going wrong thats when we earn the money. How can you justify an old contract CC member earning more than a P2? Also, it takes years on training and continual checks to attain a CPL, whereas CC can be interviewed virtually off the street and trained in six weeks - just look at the CC forums about recruitment!!!

Keeperboy, I know many of your comments are made with slight tongue in cheek, but I think you'll find 'Traveller 5' is very well connected, so just a word of caution.

There is very little, if any, fat left in Waterside. Compass also has little to offer in the way of easy hits. The days of those 'painless cuts' are gone. It WILL be expenses, like it or not and that applies to me too.

WW has already done the rounds and his network are already deep within, so don't think things aren't already being reported back