PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stag Do's - How far can they go?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 16:17
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!

I am cabin crew with easyJet at LGW. I can honestly say that the vast majority of pursers that I have had the pleasure to work with will NOT allow drunk passengers on a flight.

I was recently operating a AGP-LGW and there was a drunk pax who did manage to get onto the aircraft (acted sobre on boarding) but his behaviour went down hill once he found a seat - so we off-loaded him. He was travelling with a fairly large chav party who all kicked off, but we as crew stuck to our guns and said that he would not be allowed to travel. The chavs didn't like it and started to swear to which my response was 'if you talk to me like that one more time, you will not be travelling at all' - The chavs response was to sit down and shut up.

Also recently, I operated two LGW-BCN flights, both of which had stag parties on them. The first BCN stag party was a well behaved jolly affair, and we as crew could join in the merriment with the pax - this was appreciated by the stag who said that it was the best flight he had ever had....

.... The next days BCN stag party was a different affair - 22 guys all badly behaved, foul mouthed and constantly out of their seats and standing in the aisles making lude remarks. When one of the group commented on the beer that we had, saying that it was a crap brand I replied by saying that unfortunately as a lo-cost carrier we don't carry a large selection, his reply was 'Lo-cost? f***ing lo-cost?, you call your self f***ing lo-cost?, I paid over a £100 f***ing quid for my f***ing ticket' my reply to him was a severe rebuke for using innappropriate language and I said that if I hear any more abusive language he will not be getting anything else to drink. His mate than started up and started swearing so I said to him that if I hear just 1 more swear word, nobody in his party will be getting anymore alcohol. From that point onwards, they were much better behaved and we didn't hear any more colourful language from them - although we did get the captain to turn the seat belt signs on around about 15 minutes early so that we could clean up the cabin and get some rest