PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are FAA service bulletins regulatory for PART 121 US carriers?
Old 21st Nov 2000, 22:09
Double_r

Thanks redtail and Blacksheep,

What are assignment was is that we had to read Michael Crichton's Airframe and write a book report, analysis as if we were an accident investigator and assume that it was real. At one point in the paper we had to define some key terms. Service bullitins and ADs were some of the things brought up. I thought maybe that for the 119,121,135 cariers had to follow the Service bullitins.

It makes sence that they are issued by the manufacturer. It also makes sence that the FAA would have the power to make it regulatory, when they wear their "police" hat. Thank you very much for the clairfication and those links are very good too!

I don't know if you guys read the book or not but some international issues (other then US registered aircraft) were some topics that were mentioned. Now Crichton is not in the aviation industry but absolutly researched the heck out of his book. My instructor has lots of industry experience and in her opinion the book is almost 100% accurate.

Take care and thanks again!!!

CJ Starr

PS, hope I get an A to :-)