PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Pay
Thread: Flying Pay
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 13:28
ProfessionalStudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MattDog

I commissioned as a nav in 2000 and went through the same thing as you seem to be going through. I wasn't sure about the Officers' rates they were paying me and questioned the P staff and Innsworth. They confirmed I should go on to the O's rates and have my NCA time taken into account. I then got a bill for £8K around 12 months later. When I went back to stamp my feet, they effectively said "tough", cough up sunshine.

I pleaded I had spent all of the money and had received it in "good faith". However, it would seem "good faith" has no legal grounding... The Chief Clerk sent me a bunch of paperwork laying down the ground rules for a fight that they would work under. Effectively I had to show all of my income and out-goings and prove that any reduction in pay either through the cut in my flying pay or pay-back of said monies would cripple me financially. I did and I won... There is hope out there. Good info from the Chief Clerk. Try yours and he might help.

Isn't it funny (peculiar that is...) that even though the AP states that NCA time will count towards O's time, this document is wrong....? This is the only doc we have at our disposal. I'm sure any lawyer worth their salt in the contract law/HR side of things would take them to the cleaners. Not a comfortable route to take though.

Good luck me old cock-a-leekie. PM me if you can't get the regs from your chief clerk and I'll see if I 've still got the paperwork around....