PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am leaving the industry
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 12:03
pacific.heights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, thank you all for your replies.

pinkpyjama: i am not bitting the hand who fed me and is still feeding me, but it's human to have doubts and to want to move on. And in fact you are quite right, my airline litterally feeds me as i am broke most of the time as the money is crap and sometimes eating on the plane is the only option i can afford.

KTpops:

Maybe you are right, maybe my airline is the problem and not the job itself but i received a lot of messages, including some from ex BA long hauls who really made an awful description of working on 747 or 777 which is supposed to be la creme de la creme..

So even if the best is still bad....you know where i am coming from. Besides we cant really keep going from one airline to another, it looks unprofessionial on your CV. It s my second airline in two years. besides after a while the choice is limited. Appart from BA, Virgin and Bmed, what else is left?

Lost luggage: Well, thank you but IT is definitely not for me. Besides i have found an alternative option, something i am sure i will be good at even it s very challenging and like cabin crew, unsociable hours are part of the job, minus the concessions!!!!!

Miche, you are more or less expressing one of my bigger fear :

"do you really want to be in your 30s or even 40s dishing out meals and collecting headsets until you're blue in the face? The vocabulary is so limited anyway, darlings, "chicken or beef", "tea or coffee", "can you bring your seat forward" and "ice with that?"