PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's not all it's cracked up to be!
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2005, 00:04
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehehe....Loving this thread. Im now in LGW WW so enjoying some pretty predictable flying around the caribbean and southern USA.

But I can think of a few pet hates from my time in the Middle East...
1. Every Pax on a BOM,KHI,PHW,DAK,TRV asking for "water,water" every two minutes when you havent even had a chance to set up the bar.
2. Hajj flights from random places where most of the pax dont even know what a toilet is and on approach trying to keep your legs off the ground as the nameless bodily liquids flow down the aisles.
3. The number of pax who didnt know what a lock was on the toilet door leaving me to inevitably open the door and catch someone squatting over the sink (this usually happened on the DAK).
4. The captain making His welcome PA "Ladies and gentlemen, our flight time to XXX will be 1hour and 30 minutes Insh Alla"!!! (Am I missing something? Is Alla flying the plane OR IS THE PILOT???)
5. Sitting on the ground in any middle eastern airport with a fully loaded a/c with a 4 hour delay in the middle of the summer with bucket loads of sweat pouring out of every pore in your body when it would probably be cooler outside the a/c!!!
6. But most of all....Listening to all the Indian crewmembers go on about how great and almighty Jet Airways was....WHY THE HELL DID ANY OF THEM LEAVE IT THEN????

Oh wow...for two whole years I have been waiting to get that off my chest! Hehehe!!!