PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am leaving the industry
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 14:18
miche2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying is good for a few years, but I left BA in 2003 and do not miss it a bit. I lie. I miss going to New York frequently, but apart from that it's become a slightly scummy job now and crews have little respect. Sad, but true - although some crew convince themselves they have the best job....collecting leftovers, mucky cold slops of coffee/tea, sick etc..(!).

The job is easy to get stuck in and I had a laugh downroute, but as for the work, do you really want to be in your 30s or even 40s dishing out meals and collecting headsets until you're blue in the face? The vocabulary is so limited anyway, darlings, "chicken or beef", "tea or coffee", "can you bring your seat forward" and "ice with that?" I used to liven my life up by taking endless trays of water through the cabin on a 747 going to the States saying, "neat gin, anyone"? And the Americans would say, "Jee, no thanks!"
And I do not want to cause offence to all the fab crew out there, but it's not really a proper job that you can do for too long...similar to holiday reps, I suppose!

"Jackets on everyone, passengers boarding"