PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 13:47
terrier21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you will find that its is a matter of when not if the Old Terminal will be demolished. The area would be used to put at least another 6 Parking stands on.

I know there were talks a while back on one of the airport press releases about routes to Shannon, Lisbon and Dusseldorf and surely it is only a matter of time before we see some routes to Scandinavia Copenhagen/Stockholm/Oslo etc. Warsaw and krakov and other Eastern European Countries have been Voiced and we have recently heard of a possible Boston route. According to another aircraft Forum it looks as if AA are targetting BRS as one of their next Wants in Europe, how true this is I don't know. Domestically there is still plenty of scope for NWI,LPL of course LON (When Brs has got all the Long Haul routes it wants) not to mention Ireand Scotland and the North East. Finally routes to Northern and southern France are so popular at the moment we may see some increase in these.

All of the above are of course Schedule Destinations so there is plenty of room for expansion and B_T may find a Star Alliance route or two coming into BRS.