PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 09:41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few observations:-

- It's not greatly surprising Malev's early loads are poor. They only started selling tickets in February. People won't have made plans to travel on a service that didn't seem to exist. Hopefully, loads will start picking up now.

- Would Aer Lingus code-share with Malev now that they are coming into OneWorld? Personally, I doubt it. I see no benefit for them. How will Malev's entry to OneWorld affect the Dublin-Budapest market where both operate?

- If Aer Arann are getting hurt on Birmingham by BMIBaby, is there any possibility of them taking an arrangement like Air Wales have on the Cardiff route?

- Is DUB-ORK going to continue being a money-spinner for Aer Arann even without Ryanair's involvement? With the improvement in the rail service planned for the fourth quarter of this year, it will be difficult to justify flying to Dublin unless taking a connecting flight or travelling to somewhere very near Dublin Airport. Scarily, Irish Rail have a better record for punctuality than Aer Arann.

- Will Cork ever consider getting buses? A lot of people have mentioned how far the remote stands are from the terminal. Otherwise, I spent 25 minutes waiting to get off EI845 last Friday because they didn't want us to walk to the terminal when other aircraft were manoeuvring.