PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And now another £18 Bn in defence cuts...
Old 30th May 2005, 08:32
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beags,

Bl00dy hell - that is one of the most impassioned posts I have seen you make. However, I am totally one hundred per cent behind you. IF the saved money was going to credible and tangible causes - i.e. NHS, Transport and Education and if the Govt were not sending us all round the world in order to punch politically above our weight - then I would be more than happy to scrap the lot, CVS, AH, Typhoon - the whole lot .

I would be more than happy to assist the police force and become a local national guard etc.

But this is just it

(a) The world is more unstable than ever (and I still can't work out why the British public are so niave think that there are still 'Peace Divedends' - what will it take Chemical attack on the tube, B747 into the Houses of Parlt).

(b) The money is going to all of the wasted causes that Beagle refers to. I am certainly not racist, homophobic and hate any 'ism/extreme views. Are we all that dim that we can't see what is going on in front of noses.

So when will the British public backlash against uncontrolled immigration? What will be the libel/litigation case too far? When will people realise that the wellfare state has gone too far and provides not only for the genuinely needy, but also the lazy?

And Mutley,

Of course the Lynx IPT will say the programme is going ahead - just as the SABR IPT did and just as the SCMR/BLUH programme did. Of course no one has made a decision yet and so those industrious Staff Officers will continue to beaver away on an aircraft that is just about to have the plug pulled.

How about NH 90 in the Find role? Now to the bean counter that makes the most sense. Solves the NAO lift quandry and also provides a Find capability (just bolt on the sight/Laser Designator when and if required)

From a capability perspective it is horse c@ck - we all know that. From a treasurey perspective all of their Christmas' come at once. After all they will not have to be the ones in an OP in an airframe with an RCS the size of the Isle Of Wight.

However, from an RAF point of view - how very interesting SH in the Find role....hmmmh, I wonder who will crew them