PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mam hours
Thread: mam hours
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2005, 01:10
RollzRoyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Gigs,

Yes, I think there is an over supply of casuals. The reason for this is because the majority of casuals are not working on weekends and this does not suit Qantas...(this is what we were told anyway). So from now on the majority of our Mandatory days will be over the weekends. This is not a problem for me as I can only work on weekends some weeks.

Oz,

Met a few casuals who are transferring to Perth the other day...they are great people... and from what I have heard so are the FA's at Perth Base. Enjoy their company. They are really looking forward to moving to Perth.

Just received a letter from Qantas asking if I would like to be considered for permanent positions (long haul and short haul). If any positions become available between 1st July 2005 - 30th June 2006 in any capacity, MAM casuals who submit an application form will be considered.

I am quite happy as a casual at the moment, but I will definately submit the form. I know of a casual F/A who was made permanennt after being with MAM for only 6 months.

Rollz