PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great reporting
Thread: Great reporting
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2005, 15:34
eyeonthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'scuse me ?

Sorry chaps, but I worry about all this stuff about the media.

Where do the media get their stories when something happens involving an aircraft ???

First they go to the airline -

Media Question : What happened ?

Airline : We don't know what you're talking about !

Media Question : But wasn't there a problem ? didn't the aircraft have to return to XXXX ?

Airline : Standard procedure, slight hiccup, nothing to worry about, we'll release a statement in good time ....

So where do the journo's go ? - to YOU for what turns out to be a ..."no comment - ask the airline" ... no that doesn't work ... we've tried that.

So they go to the PAX ... and if they exaggerate, stretch the truth, guild the lilly - who do you blame...?? ...of course .... the MEDIA ...

Why don't you guys just ring the media yourselves - or post your home phone numbers on this site, so when something goes awry on a flight - they can call you direct - to get the REAL truth...

Sounds a bit ludicrous doesn't it ? .. about as ludicrous as most of your assertions and sweeping statements about "the media".

If the media are all bad, why bother reading, listening to or watching it ??? - and I thought you blokes were intelligent ....

Don't shoot the messenger guys ... and don't tar all journalists with the same brush...