PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And now another £18 Bn in defence cuts...
Old 29th May 2005, 09:52
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh deary me!

Impiger - it may be the same money, but there is still not any decision, just a negative atmosphere that continues day after day (as well as completely futile Staff work that is just regurgitating the same old crud). No one has the spine to make a decision just in case they get blamed/media exposure as the person that significantly restrained the UK Armed Forces.

Thank God I pulled the yellow and black when I did! I have heard a rumour (and it is only a rumour) that Future Lynx is dead in the water (for both Brown jobs and Fisheads) which essentially waves good by to Teeny Weenie airways.

Now someone just remind where Buffoons press release is that said that Wastelands had the Future Lynx contract - or was that just pre-election smoke and mirrors and there is a word in his speech that provides a get out clause?

But at least we all know that the £18 billion will be used on worthwhile causes, you know the politically correct, health and safety, litigation rubbish that is just eroding our society beyond any recognition.

One day this country will require warriors-this Govt is hell bent on destroying all ethos, esprit de corps, morale courage let alone the mission critical equipment required to instill confidence and target effect.

When todays politicians are old, writing their memoires, basking in there past 'glories' they may watch CNN/Sky News and see the British body bags returning on mass through Brize and they may see the mass war graves filled with British corpses and then they may realise what a gross error of judgement they made.

My late Aunt was a history teacher - she said that history repeated itself. Without being too dramatic, the rise in the BNP and other such parties across Europe, the drawdown of the military and the real potential for economic decline all have a familiar ring.

I do hope that I am wrong.