PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zim pilot arrested : Illegal entry to Kenya airspace
Old 29th May 2005, 07:46
I.R.PIRATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes yes, just another tale of the debilitating mindset of paranoid, over-inflated-self-importance, african mentality. A year ago, I too, was at the wrong end of these same CLOWNS. I was ferrying an A/C from Entebbe to Somalia, when I got horribly sick in flight, and diverted into Kenyan airspace. They refused to let me land at Nairobi, and kept me holding overhead for almost an hour. All this while basically slipping in and out of conciousness. After repeated mayday calls, and practically begging the mighty African sky gods for mercy, I decided that they can go fornicate with themselves, and landed anyway. That was the beginning of a nightmare rather similar to the one described above. The idiots that were dispatched to arrest my rebellious south african arse, refused to believe that i was sick, even after witnessing the evidence of it in the a/c. The CAA and CID demanded that i get to Nairobi hospital to be checked out, so that they could hear it from a Kenyan doctor, or else I was staying in Prison. Only problem was...the dumb w@nkers that got hold of me first ,refused to let me get to the hospital. Anyway, I wont bore you with the rest of the story, suffice to say that the path that was taken by Mr. Hattle, already had my footprints on it.

Now for the best part. I was flying for a KENYAN company at that time........