PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's Meal Choice, what Meal Choice?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 23:26
10secondsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, as a punter, who often goes economy (very often) I am getting seriously hacked off with this daft idea circulating that if you fly economy, you only got a cheap ticket, and so don't deserve good food (any food!), or decent treatment.

Look folks, my company travel policy is economy all the time every time (no matter how far), and sometimes flying longhaul at short notice the tickets are NOT CHEAP, often full fare/changeable/refundable.

Also daft is the notion of bringing your own food. Whilst this may be just dandy for short single flights, say AMS-LHR or such like, when you are making multiple international connections of say three or four flights over a 20 hour flying period it just doesn't work. Getting enough water to drink is hard enough.

Whilst some people book well in advance and do get very cheap economy tickets, frequent flyers like myself are often paying full fare economy. So, can we put an end to this notion that economy class is ****ty person class.

What amazes me, is that some of the folks on this website who spew this guff, actually work for airlines (allegedly).