PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 22:27
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a look at the Pavement Classification Numbers and the Aircraft Classification Numbers a number of months ago when a very large Jepp book came my way.

Looks only just barely within limits with ORK-JFK kinds of weights. Sure, EI would be the most credible on a Cork New York but with an A330? No way, boy, as they'd say in Cork. The wrong aeroplane. Too many seats to fill.

Malev are picking up a little. Their billboards ads locally are appearing again - it would need to be something more though than just a photo of an airliner meal and an upside down Budapest travel guide! Yes, they must be mad as hell at having to park in Togher especially when they see CSA parking in stands two and three!

Hope Mr Gantley is feeling better soon. Sure enough, Cork Airport is a tormenting sort of place. Sure, it has me driven half cracked!

Aer Arann are no longer parking their aircraft on runway 25 overnight at the weekends. The practice ended last weekend. Nothing wrong with the South Ramp for parking if so needed?

Ryanair Cork - Dublin? Interesting! Base an aircraft at Cork and start a whole series of new routes? Nice in theory and ORK-DUB would be another good source of hours building for new low hours FR pilots? But in practise not so sure?

WW BHX is beginning to outperform EMA. Cant see the two routes continuing being timed so closely together every evening.

Cork Airport continues to remain in a sorry state since John Smyth's departure. Agreed, this is the worst negative.

Malev have good connections to China. Would make a good marketing strong point to have an EI codeshare via BUD to Bejing and Shanghai?