PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's not all it's cracked up to be!
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 22:18
miche2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarah dear, go for it, but as long as you know the flights are tough/vile sometimes. BUT being more positive you have to do longhaul to experience :-

1. Cheap shopping in the States, especially before Xmas.
2. A BOM, DEL, CCU or MAA flight with 200+ special meals in M class with even the captain handing trays out.
3. The CSD watching the latest blockbuster in their "office" while the rest of you have sweat pouring off your faces from working...
4. Serving a Japanese passenger on the LHR-NRT route with a never ending array of teas from Oolong, to Green to Roasted tea to regular BA nappy size tea bags.
5. Pursers who obviously have never made a pot of tea in their life and who believe the tea bag goes in after the hot water or better still leave the bag in for about a second before recycling the same bag. By the way pursers on longhaul put "T" and "C" on the pots....I think T is for Coffee and C for tea, in case you're stupid.
6. Senior pursers who panic when left with World Traveller because they've never made it past the First galley.
7. Arsey/demanding club passengers who fall down the upper deck stairs when disembarking
8. The Arabic international crews on the DXBs, MCTs, BAHs etc who sound like their hacking up when doing their PAs in Arabic.
9. The lovely girls from the Indian international crews who shout at little old Indian men or women to sit down and who call everyone on the crew "darling" in beautiful English.
10.Having a mere 24hrs in SYD/MEL and not sleeping a wink because you cannot be in Australia and just stay in your room.
11. Singing embarrassing karaoke in Bangkok or watching Thai "Elvis lookalikes" in Electric City (BKK).
12. The thrill of a 747 go around.
13. Motion sickness on a 777 or even the intimate rear galley of a 777-B market.
14. Stuffing millions of pretzels into duty free bags for the first bar service
15. Having uncontrollable wind during crew rest.

I really could go on....

Anything you need to know, let me know