PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's Meal Choice, what Meal Choice?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 19:30
ExSimGuy

Sims Fly Virtually

Location: Used to be 3rd Sand Dune from the Left - But now I'm somewhere else somewhere else.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
take your own sandwiches believe it or not ... Crew do the same!!!
A member of my family assures me that the CC get spare F class meals - but then she wasn't with BA

services, in some airlines start from the rear section
(another post from me, as I\'ve just read all 3 pages!)
I can never understand why the aircraft takes off, nose-up, and the hosties push a heavy cart full of booze all the way UP the slope to start the drinks run from the front? Much easier to start serving from the back, and lighten the cart as they go! (especially if I\'m in the back row )

Special meals - suggestion; "lots of bloody red meat"!

"Rare Beef, spuds and veg" - yes - but who\'s going to introduce it? (and get the Frequent Flyer membership!)

"Up Front" - had some great meals with US in "Envoy" (Business), choice of good food, Cali wines, superb service. Pity they\'re not "linked" with GF who I travel with in the Mid-East! (AA - not so impressed, but then I travel US mostly for Trans-At and have only tried them twice!)

Yes, you "pays for what you get" (or gets what you pays for) but when captive for some 10 hours (check-in, flight, immigration and collecting baggage) it\'s surely a duty (or at least a marketing opportunity!) for the airline to see that you don\'t get hunger pangs, in addition to terminal boredom (\'cos the airport bookshop only has books you\'ve read before and the self-congratualtory "in-flight mags" are so crass!)

3rd pint- end of rant - feeling better!

(but never mind the "Fringe Religeous Person" - just don\'t sit me next to the fat busterd with elbows that knock my teeth out during the meals - or behind the s0d who insists on fully reclining his seat (in Y) as soon as the meals come out ) Some peeps can be total @soles (did I say "end of rant"?)