PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - America West crew arrested @ MIA (Update - Sentences)
Old 28th May 2005, 16:01
None

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had NWA Capt on Jump Seat

We had the NWA Capt that Tower Dogs spoke of on our jump seat about 6 years ago. It was a very interesting conversation...very frank.

He stated he and his crew's actions were not defendable, and I fully agreed with that statement...still do.

The following is not intended to draw sympathy for him, but I can tell you that Tower Dog's post is very simplified.

He did hard labor in Prison...I think he said 24 months, or something like that. This was a life changing experience for both he and his family.

Then he had to re-train for and pass his Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, and ATP check-rides all over again...one at a time.

Then he had to try to get his job back. When he did, he had to try to figure out how to manage working with many that felt he knocked the profession back decades (as I believe he did).

No intention of drawing sympathy, but it was not simply having ALPA fight for his job back while sunning by his backyard pool.