PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bali Verdict
Thread: Bali Verdict
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 14:43
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr Toad... A good thought, but not necessarily possible wrt the weight issue.

My experience with checkin, you generally enter the number of bags and a combined weight of all her luggage.

e.g. 03/045 = 3 bags, combined total weight of 45kg.

So, unless she went with just a boogie board, theres not much hope of getting any accuracy out of it.. You would also have to assume the scales at the check in counter were properly reset to zero, and that the adding up skills of the person checking in or the bodgy calculator attached to the scales was being used correctly... Know of one girl who mistakenly put in 4 bags with a total combined weight of over 900kg.

I dont think shes that pretty - and I dont just think she should be given more attention. I think that any aussie in a prison overseas, ESPECIALLY those facing life sentences or death, should be given more support. While i think CH9 did the wrong thing morally, Im glad it has brought to light the issues faced by people in such positions.

I respect the laws of other countries, and yes, the govt does advertise to make travellers aware eg smarttraveller.gov.au - but I still think more support should be given.

I hope schapelle gets home - I feel for her, so many lost opportunities in life - and now she faces 20 years of hell.

I will support however i can - and as wrong as the boycott is, I am going to support it. Also, bashirs 3 years - a complete joke - one rule for one and another for everyone else.