PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air Good Or Bad
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 13:41
eoincarey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To SAMKITCH

At the end of the day it is your decision, you're free to run your life as you wish. But it does sound like you're a little oblivious to all the nasty stuff at Ryanair. Before making a decision like this, look a little bit further than all the crap they put on their website about their employees being their "number one asset". Every airline says that, they have to really, but Ryanair is not one of those airlines that actually values its employees.

All I ask is that you do a little more research on them before accepting everything they say about themselves at face value. For instance, do a google search for Ryanair. You'll find many ongoing and past court cases involving Ryanair involving complaints from customers and staff alike. In fact, Michael O Leary is in the Dublin High Court at the moment over something to do with poor treatment of staff (theres more information about that elsewhere on this site).
Look around on the internet, i believe there is actually a website dedicated to staff who campaign for a fairer workplace at Ryanair, mainly because of the airlines complete disregard for the workers Unions.
There are also many web pages full of passenger complaints about the airline, because of the cavalier and "cattle herding" approach they take to their customers.

Its your decision mate, but it would seem that you've accepted all the lovy dovy self descriptions of Ryanair at face value, and perhaps you should read a bit more into it. I was in your position a while ago when I was thinking of airlines to apply to, and I did my homework. I found Ryanair to be a really nasty place to work, and its at the bottom of my Employment wish list! I know you may think theyre a quick way in to the industry, but they're really not.

Remember, 20k is a lot of money. Dont you want to go with your eyes wide open before you spend that amount of dosh?

Regards

ETC