PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Crew Allowances in Willys Sights?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2005, 09:46
Stirling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand...

BA crew are, in general and agreed to by a majority of posters on here, very well renumerated for what they do. As has been stated, a large proportion of crews from other airlines would probably jump at the chance to work under the same terms and conditions, and I'm guessing a large proportion would like to work for the company.

What I've never understood is, why all the vitriol towards those at Waterside and Compass? Have those that express this resentment spent any quality time working at either, and seeing how hard certain areas are being pushed? Has anyone recently witnessed the continued lack of investment in ALL areas (staff and systems) at both and the associated affects?

Headcount reductions have happened and will continue to happen at both, alongside workload increasing. This I believe needed to happen, but it has got to 'blood out of a stone' proportions. I am sick and tired of hearing the 'Latte' culture in Waterside levelled at my colleagues. Do we not deserve the occasional break? There are coffee areas at Compass and these are continually filled with crew - I will make it absolutely clear that I have no issues with this, but please stop the hypocrisy.

Some comments on here beggar belief. This company is completely divided and the in-fighting only happens when a lack of appreciation of what other departments contribute is failed to be realised.

I sincerely hope that WW does not erode your terms and conditions, as these have obviously been agreed to for your benefit, and this is what you have agreed to and expected when joining. If, however, these end up in his sights, be prepared to have the courage of your convictions, but dont forget the bigger picture and possible repercussions of your actions.