PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger flying
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2005, 16:51
Omaha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I still enjoy it but then again I do far less flying than you mutt.

I still get excited at the thrill of take off & landing & speeding down the runway & always feel very disgruntled & cheated if we have a short landing depriving me of some of my thrill. I love when we're below the clouds & I've a good view & you can't beat coming into Ireland on a clear day with the fabulous views of Dublin bay stretched out before you & trying to identify all the land marks. Taking off recently was just as exciting since we took off from Milan & I was able to identify Lake Como from its description in the guide books. Indeed I had a birds eye view of all the Italian lakes despite only staying on Lake Garda. There's something special for me being able to look down on the earth from thousands of feet up & defying gravity. Above the cloud cover I find it rather boring to be honest though a nice meal often distracts me, even better if you've an interesting pax beside you which isn't always the case.

It's also interesting to see the difference between how airlines perform & the difference in the flying experience with each. I've never flown an Oriental airline before so I'm really looking forward to that.

Most activities that become routine become boring mutt but since I take my breaks in Ireland during the summer & am not due on an aircraft again till September flying is far from routine for me & I still get a sense of excitement & occasion about it.