PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am leaving the industry
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2005, 08:21
pacific.heights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am leaving the industry

That's about it. I have been flying for 3 years, i know it s not that long but i had about enough about this industry. I do like my job, dealing with passengers and what the job involves, i think i am good at it. But being treated like a slave is not my idea of fun. Since the low cost carriers the industry is not the same anymore and i dont want to find myself at 40 years tuck in a job i do like anymore.So leaving aty 28 is about right. The pay is not great and although i will miss not having concessions, i am fed up with being broke at the end of every month. Mangement in most airlines is bad besides we do not get respected either by PAX as now being a F/a is a bit like working on a bus. With minimum crew we have less time to deal with pax which is a shame. We have to rush the service and that s embarassing.

I feel i will miss flying at first but hopefully it s for the best. I am going to start nursing school to become a psychiatric nurse. Good luck to all of you.

I d like to hear from people who also decided to make a career change. Do they think they did the right choice? Thank you.