PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BoyCot Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2005, 07:04
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boycott??? Nah Biiiiig mistake guys by Indon terms she got off lightly.

Not one of us knows the absolute truth.

Westerners or any body for that matter do not have the right to "ignore" the facts or suggest that somehow the Indon culture and court system is inherently corrupt.

We have called for an end to corruption, the new Pres is working on it and then Corbys team asks the Pres to have it thrown out. C'mon. Corruption is not just payola.

There could not have been any other verdict. Look at it from an Indonesian point of view, young beautiful western women gets off local Indon gets the bullet. Come on thats not even Australian.

In fact I suspect the media circus and the OUR Schappelle mob including the ABC probably did more harm than good.

Bakir's call for "justice" and "whatever it takes" probably bordering on contempt and most certainly impertinent.

Howard got it exactly right, it's called respect. We respect their laws and culture they respect ours.

I don't know how plainly the countries that have the death penalty for drugs can say it.,

Is there something about death that intending druggies don't understand.

The next hazard is that the prosecution lodge an appeal against the sentence and will ry to have it upgraded.

Put your local Indon hat on and look at it in the context of how the locals get treated in the same courts and then see if you want to join the lynch or boycott mob.

Bali is not Australias private playground and an extension of the Gold Coast and we should stop behaving as if it is.

I am sure we are always welcome and ther Balinese people are special, but it is their house.
Please don't insult and embarrass them by asking for "special" treatment.

The behaviour of her supporters in court was execrable and if attempted in Australian may well have resulted in goal terms for those involved.

Oh and the few $s worth of Marijuana that the crap you get cheaper in Bali, scuse me that's why it's called Aussie Gold and brings big bucks it was worth heaps in the expat community who are the ones who pay for it, so why aren't we going after them too.

But then the Indons are so don't complain.

Last edited by Woomera; 27th May 2005 at 07:17.