PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BoyCot Indonesia
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2005, 04:46
wishtobflying

Not enough $$$ ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on people, you can't seriously think they could have found any other verdict? It would open the gates for any other scum who IS trying to smuggle drugs to throw their hands up and cry "BUT IT'S NOT MINE" and get away with no penalty!!!

How could they possibly have found her other than guilty?

OF COURSE she's not guilty, WE know that, THEY know that, for crying out loud the whole WORLD knows that, but now guess what? The whole world has just been reminded that if you show up at Denpasar with drugs in your bag you shouldn't even bother asking anyone for a legal defence, because you will be found guilty.

And their system does not assume "guilty until proven innocent". They simply did not see anything that in their opinion proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the drugs weren't hers.

FACT (by their definition): the drugs were in your bag, therefore "in your possession". Can't prove they weren't yours? Tough luck.

I think it's a shame, a real shame, that something like this should happen to such a lovely girl, but I expected this from day one.

I also will avoid visiting Indonesia any time soon, but if I am it will be with only hand luggage that doesn't leave my sight, or with plastic tamper-proof seals on my bags, with weights recorded to the gram!