PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2005, 18:56
trainee99

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
To my mind any relevant information was given in the Phase 3 brief email and whoever gave your initial brief at phase 2. I.e. there's very little that you can do to prepare for the group leadership tests - this is true. In my opinion whatever anyone says here will not really give you any kind of a step up for the exercises. There's no right or wrong answer and it's down to your personality on the day to sort out what the best thing to do is - and any attempt at preparation would probably be couteractive; you'd just end up preparing yourself for what you think they want to see. However, don't leave yourself regretting your interview performance: 'simply telling us that you have an interest in flying is not enough, demonstrate it by having a good understanding of the industry that you wish to get into' - so make sure you know as much that is going on in the industry as possible. The rest, in my opinion is common sense - you can deduce from the phase 1 questions what attributes are being sought (if you didn't already know from the countless careers websites that no doubt you will have looked at in the run up to applying) so have an answer for the obvious questions arising from this. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine that this is probably good advice for industry-wide applications. It's all about taking a common sense approach to preparation, listening to CTC's relevant advice and then relying on your own nouse for the final bit. And if you can't do that, then there's no real point in applying. I wish anyone going for the wings scheme good luck - it really is worth it..