PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2005, 08:36
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This may well be my last African rumour post as I'm finally retiring next month, so I'll just have to watch the forum and see what rumours others have for me.

The Bristow crews who have for so long been seen at the Lagos Sheraton every day will shortly be moving down to Snake Island, so I guees there will be less talk of coupled ILSs in the BRC (btw I always thought the autopilot, either SFIM or Sperry flew the coupled ILS and the skill bit came in actually flying it uncoupled oneself? ) Bristow have also bid farewell to Ian Scott who is joining Shell - the loss of a good man. Good luck Ian.

I don't know if the Uncle Bob clone is taking over from him, but it seems the rumours of a national pilot from ACN becoming Chief Pilot at Caverton are getting stronger.

CHC/Aero expatriate pilot and engineers seem reasonably happy with the way things are going with CHC management, but the nationals are not happy and more may defect to Caverton.

Southern Air is still in existence, but nobody really knows where they are going. There are also new operators waiting in the wings with big appetites and strong connections. I think the Nigerian helicopter market may see a few surprises and upsets in the next year or two.