PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Jetstar Thread
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2005, 08:18
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blueloo -
Undercutting another divsion would be by way of voting in an EBA which impacts adversly upon the flying of another.

Short Haul voted in an award which directly impacted on Long Haul's flying. I do not have an opinion in regards to that as it doesn't affect me. Though I think one should keep that in mind when making such statements.

Jetstar/QFLink/Impulse crew have NEVER voted in an award which reduces the conditions of another division. And as Mr SB2 correctly states the JQ operation has given Short Haul back OOL, LST and HBA overnights. Not to mention the extra flying SYD-TSV, BNE-TSV, BNE-ROK, BNE-ISA, BNE-MKY, BNE-HTI now operated by Short Haul.

Please identify a way in which JQ crew have undercut Short Haul... You cannot hold crew responsible for management reallocating resources. Like where the 717s flew when QF bought Impulse and then the change to JQ. Ask yourself if crew would have any control of such decisions. I totally agree with you that crew should not undercut another division. I disagree that JQ crew have ever done this.

As for Jetconnect doing the JQ-Tasman flying... I disagree with Mr SB2. I do not mind who gets 'awarded' the flying. It is new flyings so isn't being taken away from anyone. If it keeps the hard working Jetconnect people in jobs then so be it!

Anyway... Jetstar OZ can't even provide its crew with clean toilets or galleys. Let's get that right before we embark upon International flying!

Mr SB2 -
Just semantics but our pay went from 25-28K to 45K when we got an EBA in 2001.

Getting a liveable wage back in 2000/1 was only possible through both the hard work of the FAAA and the TOTAL support of Impulse crew. Any change for the better nowadays will require that same level of unity and support.

Last edited by ditzyboy; 26th May 2005 at 09:39.