PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANR headset conversion kit.
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2005, 05:09
spindoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I put the headsets inc product into my DC 10.60's and had no problem fitting the kit (about three years ago now).

I was chomping through the batteries pretty quickly and they are not cheap so I purchased a small battery box from "dick Smiths" one that had a place to put the 9 volt battery in one end and some rechargeables in the other (from a cheap crappy radio controlled car) Put a switch on one end to select the battery source, Fitted RCA type plugs on all the leads and away you go. The rechargeable would last about 30 hours in use and when they run out you just flick over to the other battery and charge it up when you get home.

I am sure that you could do all sorts of cleaver things to enhance it but it is simple. The slightly larger battery box is not a problem (Velcro it to something).

The investment is worth it as I was flying 2 very noisy aircraft and it was having a noticeable long term effect on my hearing, now I am just going deaf slower

The only problem is that when the peolple you fly with find out how good they are you have to watch the B@@#$%ds don't flog them.