PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrying Celebrities
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 23:52
UMassCanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richard Gere- Very quiet and looked depressed. When I asked him for his drink order, he took tomato juice and I mentioned that I graduated from UMass-Amherst the year before (his alma mater) and he told me to come back and talk to him when I finished with my drinks (there was only 10 PAX on an RJ). I went back to talk to him and he turned off his laptop and started asking me about how the dorms were and such. We found out that we actually lived in the same dorm. Except I lived there 30 years after him!

Anne Veneman (former US Secretary of Agriculture)- Very mean and rude as was her security detail. She demanded Pepsi when we only had Coke, and she stated that she made the request for Pepsi to be on board when she made the reservation.

Elizabeth Edwards (wife of John Edwards)- Wonderful woman. It was shortly after the election and he annoucement of having cancer. She was amazing! Very polite and asked who I voted for. I told her how I was born in Canada and that 2004 was the first election after I received US citizenship. I proudly told her I voted for Kerry and her husband. She took out her purse and handed me a "special" Kerry/Edwards lapel pin.

Brian Urlacher (US football player for Chicago Bears)- Huge guy. Very very nice. Being a Bears fan I asked for an autograph and photo and he had no problem with it.

Several WWE/WWF wrestlers- On an ATR from STL-MLI. They were headed there for a match that night and asked if I was overnighting in Moline. When I told them yes, they asked if I would want to go to the match. I told them I have always been a closet WWE/WWF fan. They took my name and told me they would make sure there was tickets for me at the arena. I figured they would forget, but they didn't and sure enough, 2 tickets for my fellow F/A and I were at will call. Pretty damn good seats too!

Pat Robertson (US Religious leader)- Very mean. Asked if I was "saved by the Lord Jesus Christ." He just asked right out of the blue. I told him that I did not feel comfortable talking about religion while I was working. He said he would pray for me.