PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weight & Balance enhancements?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 14:11
targaman

Avibridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know where you get 5% windage error from? Manufacturers have a stack of wind tunnel data. That is how they designed a portotype and had it certified. You can also fall back on the Lift formula and good old Sine curve.

I agree the wind assesment is best carried out by an anemometer dedicated to that purpose. As for CG error that is not a factor as whatever weight is sensed on the strain gages is totalised. If the GG is in error the OBWBS detects that as a null position and in fact shows one the true location of CG.

I agree everythig that goes on can be weighed and then the load sheet assumes it's rightful place in the scheme of things. BUT the industry allows such things as standard passenger weights, standard carry on weights.......AND

we live in a real world where load is to put on the load sheet and left behind. load is put on the wrong aircraft, load is l........need I go on.

What I have been working on for some time now is I believe an answer to all the load sheet and OBWBS problems. An external weight & balance system

Last edited by Captain Stable; 25th May 2005 at 22:24.