PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's Remember Emirates.
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 11:58
dicksynormous
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is obvious from the previous posts that the problem is the bruised egos of experienced guys from various backgrounds stuck on the right seat while others get the commands.Therefore

1. white knight...your f/o chipand real attitudes is starting to affect your posts.If you were a skipper before you now know what your f/os probably thought of you.

2. it happens everywhere, not just at ek.

3. As 411a said you voluntarily gave up your commands for emirates. It didnt pay off. Deal with it. You will one day be in the same position.

4. bus canuck..after spending 4 months in canada I can now appreciate why your screwed up jobsworth protectionist, provincial, proffessionaly discourteous industry probably forced you (and many other canucks) to the gulf.Ive seen more global awareness in an african village. It would be a mistake and nieve to transpose your lofty "i would never do it" principles to dubai. It isnt cananda mate.You probably took what you could at the time,just bad luck pal

If these guys allegedly checked out straight onto widebody left seat with no previous then it cant be that hard can it, so maybe all you situation saving , captain babysitting f/os arent as good as you think.

I turned down an f/o job last year. Might apply again at the end of the year ...as a Captain. I sympathise with your frustrations but it wont affect my desicion. As someone said earlier you cant be all that experienced generally in the industry if you got yourself in this pickle and think it local to ek. More than one way to play the game.