PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying For Fun - Vintage Visitors wanted
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 11:46
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely no objections from the Towers if BRL would like to make Mike's notice a sticky. The Shuttleworth Collection and the PFA are the two organisations we chose to freely support at PPRuNe in terms of publicity.

I believe the discussion is vitally important as well. Much as we'd like to see the influx of new blood and interest a mini Oshkosh/Sun and Fun should initiate Stik does have the knack of making us think. Many of us date back to the Sywell years and it seems to me the annual RSA gathering is closer to what we grew up with and resonates at many levels. The thought of the money lost on the rally last year being used by the engineering department is also very appealing to many of us.

It's a rotten position for organisers though regarding balancing our very disparate views and in the end I'd be looking at our age demographic and using that as the deciding factor. I think attracting new blood wins and the truly devoted should throw their energies into the fly'in scene to feed both their love of classic PFA aviation and to provide vital, friendly, follow on events to lead new members to.

A bit of seed money from the main rally budget to ensure the formal and enthusiastic 'presence' of inspector and coach at a significant number of fly in's might be interesting for ensuring follow up and capture

I'd also argue that there is a promotional case for the excellent monthly mag being used as a lure at other shows which bring out the classic flying school, rented Cessna/Piper contingent.

Regards
Rob Lloyd PFA 031099