PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stag Do's - How far can they go?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 10:27
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best 'cure' I saw for one of these obnoxious groups was about ten years ago when my wife and I returned one Sunday evening from AMS to BRS on board a KLM Cityhopper Saab 340.

There were about a dozen of them (not that young either for such behaviour, mid 20s to mid 30s I would say). Their language was appalling and when I gave one a withering look I received a torrent of abuse. The lone female cabin attendant was helpless and one of the idiots stuck a leg out as she passed him to try to trip her up.

The best bit though was to come. We had been told about strong winds and as our tiny aircraft neared its destination it began to buck and bounce all over the place. The effect on the boorish group was instant. They immediately became quiet. One in the seat behind us was heard to cry out, almost in tears, "I hate bloody flying, what's happening?"

I looked around at the one who had given me the verbals and he didn't look at all happy.

Turbulence must be one of the best remedies for yobbishness.

When we got into the terminal several of the group were met by wives/girld friends. The men were as meek as can be with them.

My other pet hate on flights is male golfing parties. They are often middle aged but their behaviour can be as juvenile as much younger stag groups.