PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying For Fun - Vintage Visitors wanted
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 08:57
Laundryman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

"stiknruda" , I award you the order of the "Wooden Spoon" for outstanding efforts to inspire debate through controversial statements.

I am one of those Warrior type drivers (well cherokee actually) I have aspirations of being a plane builder but recognise that I am unlikely to achieve this. The PFA enables me to actively persue my dream through other peoples efforts. My main desire is to fly and the quickest way for me to achieve that was to buy into a group ownership. I think its unfair of you to adopt a superior position just because you are interested in the building side of aviation. The PFA membership is made up of the widest spectrum of aviation related interests and whilst the emphasis may be on construction all other aspects are important.
As far as the rebranding of the FFF is concerned I for one think its important to have a showcase event (a bit more than another "fly-in") my feeling from the mood at the AGM was that by broadening the interest to include family orientated events we could attract more visitors, more visitors means more people getting interested in general aviation which in turn may result in more people building their own planes.