PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stag Do's - How far can they go?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2005, 07:05
Cejkovice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Stag Do's - How far can they go?

Recently I have experienced the worst ever flight as a pax. Simply because I was crammed into a B738 along with 3 stag parties. (For those of you that don't know a stag do is a lot of blokes drinking a lot of beer before their buddy gets married).

Not only was the noise absolutely intense from shouting and swearing and these 'grown' men took great pleasure from throwing papers and cups around the cabin, but there were some potential safety concerns too.

It's no surprise to know I was flying Ryanair (although I imagine that this happens on other airlines that take these people), but I had to sit and watch these drunk distruptive guys pulling on the handles of the overwing exits and laughing about it! Yes I know that these exits cannot open when at altitude, but still it is not what you want to se, although with the amount of noise and distruption at that time I really did want to get out of the plane!

You have to also ask why these people drunk people were allowed to sit on an emergency exit aisle in the first place??? I don't imagine that they'd be very effective at opening the doors in an emergency.

What made me more upset was seeing Ryanair crew serving these drunk guys more alcohol....they even brought out an extra buy 2 for the price of 1 offer on spirits, which they were quickly mixing with their beers! I know it is all about profit for airlines, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

So my question to the flight crews, are you often aware of the chaos in the cabin on these flights, and if so at what stage do you land the plane and have them locked up?

Cejk