PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot badly injured in East Rand nightclub incident
Old 25th May 2005, 05:37
helldog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep very sad thing this. I think people that are employed as boucers should be screened more carefully. When I was saving to come to Africa I took a job as a bouncer. They asked me on the phone how tall I am. When I said six four the guy said "You got the job"

It was trully the worst job I have ever done, everyone wants to start you and you work with some real knobs. I have to say we were a diverse bunch, even a firefighter who needed extra cash. But I must say some of the guys were just itching to hurt someone, they even knew where the blind spots were for the cameras, this place had 250 cameras. I hate the job, I lasted three months. I never once got into a fight or even touched anyone. Except helping a drunk dude up after he fell and split his head open.

Anyway what I am saying is we cant bag all bouncers, some of them may even be out of work pilots. But you should at least have to do a police check to get the job. I am sure some of these guys have been in prison or at least in trouble with the law before.

Get well soon tiger.