PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Crew Allowances in Willys Sights?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 22:11
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember when Rod first arrived and everyone at compass were shaking in their boots. But not much happened!

I think cuts WILL be made and we all know where money could be saved. Saying that Willie Walsh gained his 'axe weilding' reputation from Aer Lingus, a VERY different beast to BA. He didn't need to be that clever at Aer Lingus to negotiate his new terms as the crews knew the company could go belly up at any given minute. As BA has offically became the 'World most profitable airline' I don't think the same threats will work at BA.

I don't reckon the meal in hotel thingly will work either. Firstly, he'd have to find hotels willing to open their restaurants to provide us with 3 course meals at the obscure hours we arrive and depart. And what restaurant would a crew doing London to Moscow and back eat in?

What I did hear though is that he will try and be sneaky and offer crew on the new contract a higher basic salary in order to try and 'scrap' the expensive old contracts as a majority vote by people on the new contract would ratify it. Don't know if that could happen tho...

I think it will have to be a case of NEGOTIATION if WW wants to get anywhere in BA.