PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 off the runway at LBA
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 20:45
oneeyed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall that Jordan Aviation were banned by the French CAA (DGAC) from flying into France some time ago because of safety concerns. Why is it that an operator is banned in one or more EU countries, yet can quite happily continue to operate into others ?"

Charterguy, I believe you will remember the old Radio Yerewan jokes because in principal you are right - but in reality the ban was removed within a matter of 10 days - the a/c concerned was an L1011 and it happend to arrive CDG from transatlantic flight and had a bit of oil dripping from one of the engines.

And as for the poorwanderingwun, I wish to point out that Jordan is actually a country with ICAO Category 1 Status - that should lift it slightly above the 3rd world country standard that you so despice off.

And as for the operating crew I would wish that all European Crews I had the pleasure of working with in the past are as professional and dedicated as most Jordan Aviation Crews I have met over the years.

Just to answer your inevitable questions beforehand - NO I'm not a JAV Staff and I'm not on their payroll for PR but I have nothing but good experience in operating Leases and Charters with them in the past.