PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 17:54
Onan the Clumsy

I'matightbastard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(very good adr, but received after the deadline )

Drum roll please...........

Incipient Sinner Pots an easy soft ball with the wry “Everyone liked the new uniforms, the Army were used to their green and the Navy just loved their fetching pink”

Mentions in dispatches are announced for:

Biker Mark for "Economic recession really begins to bite in Narnia"

VitaminGee for "Keep waxing chaps, the Goons'll never rumble us in this clobber."

Circuit Basher for “Wilson, you and Jones go and find out what that noise was. Don't tell them your names, though!”

Some sort of a gong for Darth Nigel for
#1: Donald Rumsfeld angrily denied allegations that the US was having trouble meeting manpower and equipment goals in Iraq.

#2: "You've been messing around with that one-legged bint again, haven't you?"

A gong with a bit of ribbon for Talking Radalt for the rather amusing:
Pic 1: Although greatly admired around the world, some felt BBMF were taking things too far with their authentic period CCS.

Pic 2: With the weekend fast approaching, Lt Bloggs wondered where "Loretta" should wear "her" new RN logo badge.

And for successfully tying together the two pix with reasonably amusing lines, thereby setting the requirements for all upcoming caption competitions:

A gong with a bit of ribbon in a walnut box presented personally at Buck House for Speedpig
First pic:
Bert "Quick lads, I need to find my wardrobe"

Second pic
..... too late...
Doris was wondering what on earth Bert would be doing with these particular items in his wardrobe.

And seeing as he had to “go away for a few days” ahem…it’s over to Conan The Librarian