PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Pacific
Thread: Air Pacific
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2005, 07:43
VH-WASA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear 35North

I appreciate your reply.
Unfortunately I had age against me to score a position with Qantas but decided to venture out in the world to further my flying career and to see if the grass is really greener.
When an opportunity to fly in the Pacific came up I was so delighted. To join an Airline like Air Pacific was so exciting with a fantastic route structure one could only wish for. The way the world was at that particular time, people were flocking to the Pacific so it was only natural that Air Pacific carried high loads and made big profits. It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to make it work. I really hope the profits and load factors are maintained in this more competitive and demanding aviation environment.
I know Fiji is a third world country and lucky enough to have a great airline but I was so disappointed at the attitude of the local pilots against contract pilots, the lack of discipline and respect. It just wasn't a professional working environment with all the back stabbing and childish reports local pilots were placing in the newspaper. Even when you first joined the airline with classroom assignments. you would think that a senior management pilot like the Chief Pilot or his deputy would spend a couple of minutes with the new pilot's making introductions and welcoming you to the airline like other airlines do, but no, not Air Pacific.

WASA